First Annual Meeting, October 14, 1950, Indianapolis, IN
- Held in the home of Mr. & Mrs. Perry Ghere
- First presentations: “What to Look For in Buying a Music Box” (Glenn Heckert); “Refinishing a Music Box” (Marguerite Fabel).
- Ghere and Fred Smith collections shown.
- Officers elected: Dr. Byron P. Merrick, President; Lloyd Kelley, Vice-President; Ruth Bornand, Secretary; and Clarence Fabel, Treasurer.
- Membership: 49
Second Annual Meeting, September, 1951, Pittsburgh, PA
- At the home Mr. Herbert H. Meyer
- First single page mimeographed Bulletin is produced.
- Membership: 64
- A series of articles from Hobbies Magazine is reprinted and distributed.
- Two issues of the Bulletin are produced.
Third Annual Meeting, September, 1952, Berlin Heights, OH
- At the home of Byron Merrick
- First Mart
- The News Letter is established.
- Membership: 83
Fourth Annual Meeting, September, 1953, Hanover, MA
- At the home of Mr. & Mrs. Lloyd G. Kelley
- The name is changed from “Musical Box Hobbyists”, to the “Musical Box Society, International.”
- Membership: 91
Fifth Annual Meeting, September 26, 1954, Dearborn, MI
- At the Educational Building at Greenfield Village, Ford Museum.
- The first pins and seals using the MBSI insignia are commissioned.
- Membership: 108